Unlike many other countries in Southeast Asia, Laos doesn’t have quite as many luxury hotels. Most hotels are aimed at a clientele with a lower budget. For example, there are many options for backpackers and young couples. However, that doesn’t mean you have to forego luxury in Laos if you’re really into it. There are some luxurious options, especially in Vientiane and Luang Prabang. Including even a really high-priced luxury hotel that has everything you could want. We want to say one thing in advance: Even though luxury hotels are rather rare in Laos, you can count on an extraordinary level of luxury. There are even people who believe that the luxury hotels in Laos are better than those in Thailand. Of course, that’s a matter of opinion, but says a lot. Now let’s take a closer look at the best Lao luxury hotels.
Rosewood Luang Prabang
The undisputed number one is the Rosewood Luang Prabang. You won’t find more luxury in any other hotel in Laos. As far as we are aware, there is also no more expensive hotel in the whole country. It’s not uncommon for you to pay around $ 1,000 a night here. If you want to stay in the Rosewood Luang Prabang, you should have a decent budget, because even if you book at a good time, it won’t be cheap anyway. The question of course is, whether the hotel is worth the money. Despite the enormous price, we would actually say that this is the case. Some of what you get in this hotel is out of this world. It’s really hard to find a hotel with a higher level of luxury.
Although there are some other 5 star hotels in Laos that are significantly cheaper, the Rosewood Luang Prabang is still the best choice for luxury lovers. If you have the money, there’s really nothing wrong with spending a few nights here. But what is it that makes this hotel so incredibly attractive? Well, there are a few things. The location alone is really breathtaking, since the hotel is surrounded by mountains and jungle. So you can already imagine that the rooms offer an incredible view. And you’re absolutely right. There are even rooms with a waterfall view. This is of course something very special that only a few hotels have to offer.
But the rooms offer much more than just a great view. All rooms are decorated in French Indochina style. It’s difficult to describe what the rooms look like. However, what we can say is that you’ll feel like a nobleman from bygone days. Also contributing is the fact that the service is really incredible. As a guest, you’ll be pampered a lot. Prepare yourself for a fantastic service. A service that you probably haven’t got many times in your life. Talking about rooms is actually not correct. Because strictly speaking, the accommodations are glamorous villas that are worthy of a king. But surprisingly, the most luxurious (and most expensive) of all options are the tents on a hill. Especially these tents from Rosewood Luang Prabang are an insider tip among luxury lovers from all over the world.
Crowne Plaza Vientiane
This 5 star hotel in Vientiane is by no means in the price range of the Rosewood Luang Prabang, which also applies to our other recommendations. Nevertheless, it’s relatively expensive but there’s no doubt that you really get something for your money. The city center hotel is suitable for both business and leisure travelers. It offers an outdoor pool and a fitness center. The latter is really well equipped and better than in most other accommodations. The hotel offers a restaurant with international dishes and there are various rooms for wellness treatments. As you see, there are plenty of possibilities to enjoy yourself.
Avani+ Luang Prabang Hotel
AVANI is known for its luxury hotels and the Avani + Luang Prabang Hotel is definitely a good option. While in a higher price range than the Crowne Plaza Vientiane, the hotel is still significantly cheaper than the Rosewood Luang Prabang. The location is really good. Many sights are in the immediate vicinity and can be reached within a short walk. Including the night market, Mount Phousi Hill and the National Museum. A big advantage of this luxury hotel is, as expected, the breakfast. There’s a wide selection of many delicious things. There’s no question that the Avani + Luang Prabang Hotel is a good place to start the day.
Belmond La Résidence Phou Vao
A luxury hotel in Laos you should know. It’s located in the beautiful hills of Phou Vao and offers well-equipped rooms with many amenities. If you like wellness, there are plenty of options for it. The wellness facilities of The Mekong Spa include massages, facial treatments and body treatments. If you like some food, you can try European dishes and traditional Laotian cuisine. Just go to the restaurant Phou Savanh. It’s located in the inside and the outside of the building. You really won’t have a problem finding it. All in all, the hotel is well equipped. It offers all the prerequisites to get relaxation on vacation. Especially since the natural environment is a big bonus.
Landmark Mekong Riverside Hotel
As the name suggests, this hotel is located near the Mekong. Many travelers even consider this to be the best hotel near the famous river. Of course, that’s a matter of opinion, but there’s no question that the hotel has its amenities. As a guest, you can look forward to a decent gym, an on-site spa, a really large outdoor pool and several dining options. The Landmark Mekong Riverside Hotel actually has 3 restaurants of its own and offers you a decent amount of culinary options. It can also convince with its design. Due to its authentic Laotian style the facilities create a really comfy atmosphere. You’ll definitely not have any problems finding peace and releasing yourself from everyday stress.
- In September 2016 Obama visited Laos and became the first U.S. president ever to step foot in the country. Most people don’t know that this visit was of utmost importance and helped to overcome a dark chapter in history. As you can see in the picture above Obama’s visit remains an important event. Many people […]
- Money is always an interesting topic and in Laos it’s no different. Therefore in this article we want to talk about some relevant topics regarding money in Laos. First of all: If you’ve always wanted to be a millionaire, Laos is the right country for you, because the local currency is not worth much compared […]
- Vang Vieng is just wonderful for yoga. A small town in the mountains, surrounded by nature, you couldn’t ask for a better atmosphere. If you aren’t familiar with yoga or you just don’t want to do it alone, you may be wondering whether there are yoga classes in Vang Vieng. We’re glad to confirm that […]
- Those who exercise regularly and plan to travel to Vang Vieng, usually want to know, if there is any gym in the town. We’re happy to confirm that this is the case. In fact, there are some gyms in Vang Vieng and the equipment is usually quite good. So let’s take a closer look at […]
- If you research about vegetarian or vegan food in Laos, you’ll see that most people believe that the Southeast Asian country has little to offer in this regard. We don’t agree with that. In our opinion, the situation isn’t nearly as bad as it’s partially described. On the contrary, there are some great vegetarian and […]