We think it’s really worth renting a bike in Vang Vieng. You hardly spend any money, do something good for the environment and can explore the surroundings in peace and quiet. Since there are some bike rentals in Vang Vieng, you should also have no problem finding a suitable lender. Just have a look around the town center and you should find a bike rental immediately. As a rule, you can also ask for help in your hotel. In most hotels it should be possible to rent a bike without any problems. And if not, the staff will point you in the right direction.
What to expect from the rental bikes
You won’t find any special bikes at most bike rentals. There are usually only a few older bikes. However, these are functional and you can at least drive with them. But since we have also seen good mountain bikes, you can certainly rent good bikes. You should just assume that you’ll have to search a little longer. Most bike rentals only offer old bicycles. Furthermore, the good bikes are of course very popular. Especially in the high season it can happen that the best bikes are all already rented out. So it’s worth getting up early. Maybe you’re lucky and find a good mountain or racing bike.
Prices of the bike rentals in Vang Vieng
Unfortunately we can’t remember exactly how much we paid to rent bicycles. However, we still know very well that it really wasn’t much. You won’t have to bargain for a cheaper price. How much you pay in the end depends not only on the rental itself, but also on the bike you rent. You usually pay a little more for good bikes. But there are not many of them anyway. The old bicycles are inexpensive in any case.
Are the bike rentals trustworthy?
Personally, we’ve never heard of a case where people rent bikes in Vang Vieng and after had problems. For example, because it was alleged that the bicycles were damaged and that a repair is necessary. Such scams are not uncommon in Asia. In Vang Vieng, however, we’ve never experienced anything comparable. Besides, we don’t know anyone who has it. So you shouldn’t have any trouble. However, if you’ve had a bad experience, please leave us a comment. We and our readers would like to hear more about it.
- In September 2016 Obama visited Laos and became the first U.S. president ever to step foot in the country. Most people don’t know that this visit was of utmost importance and helped to overcome a dark chapter in history. As you can see in the picture above Obama’s visit remains an important event. Many people […]
- Money is always an interesting topic and in Laos it’s no different. Therefore in this article we want to talk about some relevant topics regarding money in Laos. First of all: If you’ve always wanted to be a millionaire, Laos is the right country for you, because the local currency is not worth much compared […]
- Vang Vieng is just wonderful for yoga. A small town in the mountains, surrounded by nature, you couldn’t ask for a better atmosphere. If you aren’t familiar with yoga or you just don’t want to do it alone, you may be wondering whether there are yoga classes in Vang Vieng. We’re glad to confirm that […]
- Those who exercise regularly and plan to travel to Vang Vieng, usually want to know, if there is any gym in the town. We’re happy to confirm that this is the case. In fact, there are some gyms in Vang Vieng and the equipment is usually quite good. So let’s take a closer look at […]
- If you research about vegetarian or vegan food in Laos, you’ll see that most people believe that the Southeast Asian country has little to offer in this regard. We don’t agree with that. In our opinion, the situation isn’t nearly as bad as it’s partially described. On the contrary, there are some great vegetarian and […]