If you need an ATM in Vang Vieng, you shouldn’t have any problems. Although the city center is relatively small, there are quite many ATMs there. An ATM, for example, is located directly near the bars of Vang Vieng. Just walk around the area a bit or ask a local and you’ll quickly find what you are looking for. There is no shortage of ATMs, but occasionally one or the other machine may not work due to maintenance. Furthermore, the machine may not accept international cards. However, this is very unlikely in Vang Vieng as it is a popular tourist destination.
You should also be aware that every time you withdraw money there’s a fee. How much you have to pay, can vary from ATM provider to ATM provider. Usually it isn’t too high. At least we never felt scammed or something like that. There are a lot of tourist areas around the world where ATMs charge much more. All in all, we can say that you shouldn’t have any problems with the ATMs in Vang Vieng. Personally, we’ve only had good experiences so far.
– Most ATMs accept international cards
– A fee is charged when withdrawing
– Exchange offices are an alternative to withdrawing money
– Some ATMs may not work due to maintenance
Alternatives to withdrawing money at Vang Vieng ATMs
In theory, you do not have to withdraw money from the ATM machine and can save yourself the fees. You just have to take enough cash with you and simply change it on site if necessary. However, the residents of Vang Vieng are relatively open to foreign currencies. In many places, you can pay with dollars or Thai baht. Since the prices in Vang Vieng are usually given in kip, it can be more convenient to change your cash . This is possible at any time in the exchange offices in Vang Vieng. You often even get relatively good courses. For example, we once had the experience that we exchanged Thai baht and got a better exchange rate than the one displayed on the Internet.
- In September 2016 Obama visited Laos and became the first U.S. president ever to step foot in the country. Most people don’t know that this visit was of utmost importance and helped to overcome a dark chapter in history. As you can see in the picture above Obama’s visit remains an important event. Many people […]
- Money is always an interesting topic and in Laos it’s no different. Therefore in this article we want to talk about some relevant topics regarding money in Laos. First of all: If you’ve always wanted to be a millionaire, Laos is the right country for you, because the local currency is not worth much compared […]
- Vang Vieng is just wonderful for yoga. A small town in the mountains, surrounded by nature, you couldn’t ask for a better atmosphere. If you aren’t familiar with yoga or you just don’t want to do it alone, you may be wondering whether there are yoga classes in Vang Vieng. We’re glad to confirm that […]
- Those who exercise regularly and plan to travel to Vang Vieng, usually want to know, if there is any gym in the town. We’re happy to confirm that this is the case. In fact, there are some gyms in Vang Vieng and the equipment is usually quite good. So let’s take a closer look at […]
- If you research about vegetarian or vegan food in Laos, you’ll see that most people believe that the Southeast Asian country has little to offer in this regard. We don’t agree with that. In our opinion, the situation isn’t nearly as bad as it’s partially described. On the contrary, there are some great vegetarian and […]