When we speak of New Year’s Eve in Vang Vieng, it should of course be mentioned that several New Year events are celebrated in Laos. In addition to the International New Year, there’s the Chinese New Year, the traditional Laotian New Year and the Hmong New Year. In order not to cause confusion, we want to limit this article to the Western New Year. There’s no question that Vang Vieng offers great conditions to spend New Year’s Eve. So let’s take a look what you can do, to spend an amazing New Year in Vang Vieng.
Vang Vieng is perfect for partying
You won’t need a special occasion to celebrate in Vang Vieng. The town simply offers the best conditions for it. After all, nightlife in Vang Vieng is so famous for a reason. Just choose a location and wait for the countdown. We can already promise you, that you’ll get an unforgettable party. You shouldn’t have any difficulty getting wasted. However, you should be aware that you may start the new year with a hungover. If that’s not a problem, just go for it. Spending New Year’s Eve in Vang Vieng is truly an unforgettable experience.
You can meet people from all over the world
People from all over the world and from all cultures come to Vang Vieng. Some of them to spend their New Year’s Eve. So if you are in Vang Vieng at this time, you can assume that you will meet many different people. That’s great to have some conversations and probably you’ll start the new year with some new friends. You definitely wouldn’t be the first.
Many bars and restaurants have special offers
If you’re looking for a New Year’s dinner or a government event with fireworks, Vang Vieng may not be the best choice. However, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t any special offers for New Year’s Eve. Many bars and restaurants usually have some festive offer. Discounted drinks, special meal menus or free gifts — there’s always something. You should definitely check some places out and see what they’ve to offer. Maybe there’s something that appeals to you.
You can start the new year in a wonderful natural environment
Although Vang Vieng is known to many for its party, you shouldn’t forget that the town is surrounded by great nature. Just perfect to start the new year in the midst of a great natural environment. There are clear lagoons, mysterious caves, huge forests and much more. Maybe you take a bath in the waterfall and cure yourself from your hangover?
There are far more expensive places to spend the New Year
It’s common to spend some money on New Year’s Eve. However, most of us secretly hope not to spend too much. This is definitely possible in Vang Vieng. Although the town isn’t necessarily one of the cheapest in Southeast Asia, you can save some money here. At least partying isn’t very expensive. You can drink a lot, dance and have fun. Especially if you stick to the special offers, such as discounts for cocktails, you can celebrate with a small budget.
- In September 2016 Obama visited Laos and became the first U.S. president ever to step foot in the country. Most people don’t know that this visit was of utmost importance and helped to overcome a dark chapter in history. As you can see in the picture above Obama’s visit remains an important event. Many people […]
- Money is always an interesting topic and in Laos it’s no different. Therefore in this article we want to talk about some relevant topics regarding money in Laos. First of all: If you’ve always wanted to be a millionaire, Laos is the right country for you, because the local currency is not worth much compared […]
- Vang Vieng is just wonderful for yoga. A small town in the mountains, surrounded by nature, you couldn’t ask for a better atmosphere. If you aren’t familiar with yoga or you just don’t want to do it alone, you may be wondering whether there are yoga classes in Vang Vieng. We’re glad to confirm that […]
- Those who exercise regularly and plan to travel to Vang Vieng, usually want to know, if there is any gym in the town. We’re happy to confirm that this is the case. In fact, there are some gyms in Vang Vieng and the equipment is usually quite good. So let’s take a closer look at […]
- If you research about vegetarian or vegan food in Laos, you’ll see that most people believe that the Southeast Asian country has little to offer in this regard. We don’t agree with that. In our opinion, the situation isn’t nearly as bad as it’s partially described. On the contrary, there are some great vegetarian and […]